2D/3D Art Generalist
We’re looking for a highly skilled and adaptable artist to join our team at Land & Sea! This role will play a key part in the development of our all-new original IP, as well as supporting our existing Alto titles.
We’re a small, remote team working across multiple time-zones. There is a degree of flexibility built into the role, and you are free to define your own schedule, providing reasonable overlap with our core GMT hours.
You’ll be working closely with our lead artist, programmer and designer to produce art in a variety of mediums and contexts, throughout all stages of production. You are someone who takes pride in your work and holds yourself to a higher standard than most. You welcome constructive feedback, thrive in a self-directed environment and are comfortable wearing many hats.
- Create environments, characters, items and more from the concept stage through to production.
- Create optimised, game-ready assets in 2D and 3D.
- Implement assets in-engine, and help manage the art pipeline from beginning to end.
- Create high-quality marketing assets for social media, storefronts and other promotional events.
- Help us identify bottlenecks and implement key improvements to our art pipelines.
- Weigh in on all areas of development, such as design, narrative and audio. As a small team, we like to ensure every team member is involved in the creative decision-making process.
- Other visual design work as needed from time to time.
- A strong portfolio that shows your full range of creative and technical abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – fluent in English.
- A strong sense of independence and autonomy.
- Technically minded, and detail-oriented.
- Confidence and ability to make key decisions and identify where to be helpful, even with limited guidance.
- Ability to collaborate well, and stay sensitive to the needs of the team.
- Highly motivated and adaptable, comfortable working across a variety of mediums and contexts.
- Comfortable adapting to the minimalist visual style of both the Alto series and our internal projects.
- Experience working with Unity to implement art directly in-engine.
- Proficient in 2D software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient in 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max or Blender.
- Experience delivering assets to detailed specifications, for web or print.
The points below are strictly bonuses, therefore we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t feel you meet any of them! We learn on the job every day and will support you to do the same.
- Any scripting or shader writing experience, particularly as it relates to implementing or realising your ideas inside a game engine.
- Experience modelling and rigging 3D characters for animation.
- Experience with animation or motion graphics.
- Experience with graphic design for web and print.
- Experience with video editing, photography and other visual disciplines.
- Have contributed toward a number of released titles on any modern platform.
Land & Sea is based in the South West of England, however this position is remote. While we are open to applicants from around the world, applicants from the UK and Europe are preferred. However, if you meet the requirements and don’t mind ensuring your hours reasonably overlap with ours, please apply, wherever you are!
We are open to a number of possibilities in terms of how this role is structured. For the right candidate, we would consider part-time, contract and full-time positions depending on availability and other factors.
Land & Sea is a small team crafting meaningful, highly polished games that seek to add value to the lives of our players. We are an inclusive studio that seeks to provide a healthy and supportive work environment for our team, and prioritise sustainable work practices such as realistic hours and zero crunch.
We’d love to hear from you if you are interested in this role! Please send us your expression of interest using our application form to ensure we can get back to you. We will follow up with suitable applications as soon as possible.
– The Land & Sea Team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An independent games studio from the makers of altosadventure & Alto’s Odyssey. Creating artful, hand-crafted experiences.