From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Animator to join its art team in North Carolina, working on Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune.
Our Animator will work closely together with the other animators and designers to create, implement and polish character combat and movement animations.
Your Mission in Funcom
- Creating Animations for live games and new unannounced games.
- Rigging/skinning characters, monsters, and props in 3dsMax.
- Implementing in-game assets using proprietary tools as well as 3rd party pipelines such as Unreal.
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Develops tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow.
- Work as a uniform team with effects artists, character artists, art director and programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- 2+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Strong knowledge of Motionbuilder.
- Proven expertise with 3DS Max or Maya.
- Strong IK/FK animation skills.
- Experience with non-biped skinning/rigging.
- The ability to work in a team setting.
- The ability to take direction from the art director and to deliver consistently on time.
- Proactive, independent, and self-driven.
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
- Mocap experience.
Applications will only be considered with a portfolio link and the closer the portfolio is to the art style of Conan Exiles or Fantasy in general, the better.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom N C studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture .
Funcom Inc offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom .
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are Survivors. We are Fighters. We are Funcom & have been making video games for over 28 years!