Director of Talent
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
We know that it takes great talent to make great games, so we’re always seeking passionate professionals from around the world that demonstrate enthusiasm for our industry and the players for whom we build new experiences. We’re looking for a seasoned Director of Talent to build the team that drives our growth and shapes our culture. If you’re someone who is passionate about driving employee engagement, fostering an inclusive culture, and building an exceptional Talent organization, we want to talk to you.
- Own and drive the Talent Acquisition function, working as a close partner and trusted resource to leaders at the company to meet all workforce needs.
- Develop recruiting strategy, business plan, budget, and forecast; manage against overall company goals and strategic plan.
- Drive the creation of new initiatives like university recruiting, internships, and other programs aimed at building diverse talent pools and supporting Playco in achieving its overall talent goals.
- Develop a team of Talent professionals including recruiting managers, recruiters, and recruiting sourcers.
- Enhance alignment with Finance, People team, and business leaders to optimize workforce planning by assessing pipeline and forecasting talent needs.
- Manage executive recruiting, strategic offer negotiations, and close candidates critical to company’s success.
- Leverage data to drive the Talent Acquisition function, improve its processes, and report out progress to date to business leaders.
- Manage Talent vendor relationships, including annual reviews, RFPs, budgets, and integration into in-house Talent Acquisition processes.
- Lead our DEI initiatives as it intersects with hiring to continuously improve our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Establish a strong recruiting culture which empowers hiring managers to make excellent talent decisions for their team and the company.
- Develop the talent acquisition process end to end, using modern tooling and best practices, combined with data to ensure a best-in-class candidate experience.
- Partner with the communications and marketing teams to implement employee-facing branding strategies to ensure that all possible candidates understand and are excited about Playco’s offerings.
- 12+ years of experience in talent acquisition in technology.
- 6+ years of management experience, including managing a global, remote team.
- Up to date on modern recruiting practices and tooling.
- Must have recruiting experience in a high growth technology startup environment.
- Experienced in global recruiting, including partnering with local experts to manage regional compliance.
- Passion for developing people and teams, while driving an inclusive, performance-driven culture at scale.
- Customer-obsessed, with a commitment to creating a top-notch hiring experience for both our leaders and candidates.
- Collaborator by default and strong communicator and partner cross-functionally.
- Have a strong bias for action, drive for results and motivate others to do the same.
- Data driven mentality and strong analytics skills to generate metrics that evaluate effectiveness and identify insights that continuously improve the recruiting function.
- Thrive in an unstructured, constantly changing environment while, at the same time, contribute to building processes, programs, and infrastructure.
- Must have experience with Executive Recruiting, including closing VP and SVP level candidates.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and multiple time zones.
- Gaming experience preferred.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the world closer together through play