This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 150 experienced and skilled employees out of Stockholm. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and will soon be launching the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. We are known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, use Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time and our CEO is not beneath fixing the coffee machine himself. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
As a 2D artist at Fatshark, your main focus will be to fill our game worlds with detailed, interesting and production friendly 2D art assets for our UI team, and to some extent, the world building team. Furthermore, you will research and sync the work with our licensing partner and find references needed to carry out your daily tasks. The project you would be working on is our released title Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
At Fatshark all members of the team are involved in the decision making. We are a small enough team to be agile, but big enough to realize great ideas together. Collaboration is key in this highly creative environment. Working in a field where art, design, gameplay and sound comes together, feedback and teamwork skills are crucial in your daily work.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits (for gym membership & more)
- Health checkups once every second year
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Produce production 2D art to support our UI team
- Be able to understand and work within a given style and IP guidelines
- Research and find references needed to carry out the daily tasks
- Very high knowledge and the ability to understand and describe form and shape in 2D media
- Follow up the work and be able to communicate with the UI Team and Directors and iterate throughout the projects
- Previous work experience as 2D Artist, in a professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of perspective and the ability to describe form and shape in 2D media
- Excellent skills in Photoshop or similar software
- Great ability to work in a team and be able to communicate effectively cross disciplinary
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Game development production experience
- Interest in the Warhammer universe
- Technical and detail oriented interest & knowledge
Most of us are currently working temporarily from home, but our office is not completely closed and parts of the onboarding can be done there. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to review applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.