Contract 2D Character Animator
Fullbright seeks a Contract 2D Character Animator!
Fullbright, the creators of acclaimed story exploration games Gone Home and Tacoma, are working on our next project, Open Roads, in collaboration with Annapurna Interactive. We seek an experienced Contract 2D Character Animator to join our team remotely.
We're looking for a person who loves animating in ToonBoom to bring their skill and experience to our small but mighty team! This contract animator will work directly with Fullbright's Art Director and our Executive Producer to contribute 2D character animation in Toon Boom Harmony for our narrative game currently in production, shipped in a high-quality, timely, & humane manner.
Our unique art style blends 2D animated characters in 3D model environments. Our pipeline incorporates rough 2D animation created in Toon Boom Harmony using 3D character model animation blocking as a base to establish timing and help keep those proportions on track!
You can see this process in action in our teaser trailer that debuted at the 2020 Game Awards:
Candidates in PST time zone a plus! We offer a crunch-free schedule and the opportunity to work on small, high-quality games with a small, high-quality team!
At Fullbright we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
**AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HIRING IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS: Our entire team is working from home until further notice; we'll be doing this hiring process entirely remotely.
- At least one shipped title
- Understand storytelling as told through character emotion/movement
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, timing and the ability to stay on model
- Advanced knowledge in Toon Boom Harmony is required
- Strong communication skills and experience with incorporating into teams remotely
- Self organised, comfortable with giving estimates and proactively communicating around timeline
- Use of strongly developed critical eye with attention to detail
- Must already be authorised to work in the US
- Love for narrative-driven video games.
- Contribute optimisations and improvements to the established pipelines and processes
- Representational figurative animation experience
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, animation reel, a little about yourself, and why you'd be a great fit for our team. We can't wait to hear from you.
About Open Roads:
One fine fall day, Tess Devine and her mother Opal discover a cache of old notes and letters carefully stashed away in the attic of their house. Hints of deep-rooted family secrets, decades-old burglaries, a lost treasure somewhere near the Canadian border... What they uncover suggests a mystery that's best left well enough alone.
But that’s not going to happen.
In Open Roads, Tess and Opal embark on a road trip adventure to explore a series of long-abandoned family properties, unearthing the past. They’ll search the ruins of these places that hold buried memories, things Opal has tried for years to forget. And in this search, they'll discover not just the truth they've been seeking, but each other.
Your application has been successfully submitted.