This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are building a stylized multiplayer game at an intersection of action and social gaming for the HD space (PC, Switch, Xbox and Playstation) by combining the joy of creation found in a life sim with the thrill of replayable action combat found in a roguelite.
We are looking for a Gameplay Animator to help us deliver satisfying and responsive combat and bring to life a unique cast of characters.
The ideal candidate has gameplay animation experience in the video game industry with a great eye for animation quality, combined with strong technical acumen.
- Deliver high quality gameplay animations, balancing character personality and gameplay responsiveness
- Collaborate with creative director and technical animation director to define the animation direction
- Support game features development from rapid prototyping to ship
- Implement animations into the Unreal engine
- Help develop and improve animation pipeline, tools and workflows
- Troubleshoot and communicate technical animation issues
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience with creating gameplay animation
- Proficient in relevant software packages such as Maya and Motionbuilder
- Strong understanding of both human and creature anatomy and mechanics
- Strong keyframing ability
- Experienced with integrating gameplay animations
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with facial animation
- Knowledge of character rigging and skinning
- Coding or scripting experience for tools and automations
Things to consider:
- Based in Los Angeles, but are working mostly remotely and open to remote hires
- We are currently 10-person team looking to grow to ~25 people in 1-2 years
- Opportunity to help build the company and team from the ground up
- Competitive salary and benefits, and equity incentive
- Stipend for home office & equipment needs
- Flexible work environment (remote only or opportunity to work in the in the LA office if desired)
FuzzyBot was founded in late 2020 with the mission of building games that connect players across generations by creating cooperative experiences set in imaginative worlds.
Originally spearheaded by a team of experienced industry veterans, we believe that smaller versatile teams with low production overhead can succeed by focusing on innovative mechanics and standing out through eye-catching aesthetics.
We have a highly creative group built on trust, expertise, and a love for video games. Our development philosophy is around dreaming big, but building smart – maintaining a pragmatic, flexible, and down to earth approach focused on shipping games.
Join at the beginnings of a new game studio and be part of our exciting journey in building the company, team, and games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're FuzzyBot, a new indie games studio based out of Los Angeles.