Remote Lead 3D Games Animator
In House: Leamington Spa, Remote Optional
We are looking for a Lead Animator with in-depth and practical knowledge of game development.
You will be leading projects and working alongside the animation team to create believable high-quality character animations. A strong understanding of the principals is essential with a keen eye for adding character and personality to your work. You will be able to project manage, liaise with clients and manage multiple animators and their workload.
- Have a minimum 7 years industry experience in video games, freelance experience a bonus
- Create high quality, hand keyed character, creature and environmental animations.
- Lead and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations works as intended in the game.
- Exceptional self management skills.
- Manage / mentor internal and external animators.
- Be pleasant to work with, communicate well, understand briefs, meet deadlines.
- Be accountable & responsible, a clear communicator and problem solver
- Ability to adapt and work with new technologies and workflows.
- Ability to switch up styles from cartoony to realistic
- Experience working with motion capture data and leading shoots
- Capable of creating schedules and committing to delivery dates.
- In depth knowledge of Maya and have an understanding and experience with rigging and skinning
- Ability to implement your work in engine, working with state machines and other related concepts.
- Experience with multiple game engines and multiple shipped titles. Experience in Unity and UE4 advantageous.
- Be a team player, open to take and offer feedback.
- Constantly strive to learn new / improved tools, techniques and processes all while honing your core craft.
- In a post-covid world, possibly attend events such as industry (such as Develop) and educational outreach (such as Animex)
- Have the desire to help make awesome games
Applicants that wish to apply remotely must be in UK/EU timezones for ease of communication.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your Remote Animation Department for Video Games, TV and Film