Zenith is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game built for VR that combines adrenaline-pumping action-adventure gameplay with a colorful open world. Think WoW meets Dark Souls, with an anime-inspired, JRPG twist.
You would be responsible for bringing movement and life into our characters and creatures. We need your expertise to help create a wide variety of animations including: movement, interaction, and combat. Extra points if you have experience working with VR, Unity, and on mobile-optimization.
We're looking for artists that are passionate about animation and creating a transcendent gaming experiences for our players. This role starts as a temporary contract role (with room to grow), but you will be treated as a partner in our venture.
- Work directly with our team to deliver animations that look and feel great in VR
- Create new keyframe animations for bipeds, quadrupeds, and winged characters
- Polish existing combat and movement animations and ones found in the asset store
- Retarget existing animations to other rigged characters
- 3+ years creating stylized animations optimized for games
- Expert using Maya to create animations
- Experience integrating assets in Unity
- Experience moving fast and work with tight deadlines.
- Experience rigging and skinning.
- Experience with animation graphs and state machines in Unity
- Understanding of related skills (modelling, texturing, shaders, etc)
- Experience working on VR titles
- A deep passion and knowledge for gaming.
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing Ready Player One to life in a massively multiplayer cross platform world