Senior Game Artist
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it.
We are actively working on games like Wordscapes, Blockscapes, Bricks n Balls, and Wordscapes Search… but we’re also working on a handful of new visually exciting games and franchises.
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented Sr. Game Artist who has a deep passion for games, especially in the casual/mobile space, and is experienced in bringing creative ideas to life in game engines. This position requires someone with a wide range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to solve creative and complex problems. It’s imperative that you have the ability to quickly put things into the engine and iterate with the team. You will be an integral part of the pipeline, and should be able to independently design, execute, and make your artwork jump off the screens of our games. As a Sr Game Artist, you will likely be a Lead Artist on one of our teams, and will be surrounded by other discipline leads who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every day.
- Ability to quickly create and interpret ideas into rough concepts and playable prototypes (within Unity), that can eventually become fully realized, captivating 2d gameplay sequences and features.
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through prototype and release- Having the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with the team to iterate and push ideas forward, but also knowing when to slow down, and have the craftsmanship ability to polish assets to a ‘Best-in-Class’ release quality
- Supports team in design, working closely with programmers, production, and everyone else on a tightly-knit game development team
- Natural affinity towards 2D Artwork in mobile games.
- 5+ years prior professional experience as an artist developing games (Preferably Mobile Games)
- Excellent Technical abilities in mobile game engine technology, and ability to creatively solve problems while ultimately pushing the design forward.
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and can take the lead on strike teams, features, or art lead projects.
- Take initiative and will help create and maintain a vision for a game, understanding that following through with memorable game experiences is a team effort
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- Solid 2d skills, but a mastery on the technical side of art.
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Be passionate, and love the games you are helping to create. Understand the market and the broad audience that we are reaching with PeopleFun games, and be able to create artwork that continues to grow and evolve in that space.
- Deep understanding of asset pipelines and how to implement art into a game-engine like Unity.
- Actively seeks out additional ways to learn and grow.
- Flexible, and adaptable to changing and evolving needs of a live product
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
Valuable Additional Skills
- Mastery and deep understanding of Unity for mobile game development
- Graphic Design background- in addition to working on new and exciting games in the casual mobile space, we also continue to support our variety of Word games on the market.
- Interest in player behavior and player experience, with a Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, interactive design
- Deep mobile market knowledge
- Ability to work with internal and external artists and outsource companies
- Ability to create 2d character artwork and animate it in spine and/or Unity
- 3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making fun games people love to play.