This job is no longer accepting applications.
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken is looking for a talented 2D Artist who is keen on applying their skills towards working on several exciting mobile games. We're looking for someone who loves games and is up to date on the state of the game and tech industries. You will be working directly with the game teams and designers to build interfaces for cross-platform and cross-device games. *Note: A portfolio must accompany the resume for consideration
As a Ukenite you’ll be working on meaningful things like:
- Creating 2D Art Assets
- Taking ownership of the art in our games, from ideation to implementation
- Collaborating closely with game designers and programmers
- A variety of platforms like iOS, Android, and Unity
Your background should include:
- 1-2 years of experience creating game art for mobile platforms preferred
- Graduate from a Design Program such as Graphic Design, Illustration, Multimedia Design or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of graphic design and Illustration fundamentals and principles
- Ability to create the video games frontend user interface, in-game HUD, and additional in-game art
- Understanding of wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and familiarity with UI research
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- First-rate illustration skills
- Skill in creating clean and clear iconography and typography
- Familiarity with Agile work environments
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality UI screens and illustration
- Bonus: Familiarity or Experience with Unity
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location in the heart of downtown Toronto at Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We take entertainment seriously!