Remote 2D Artist
ge of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
At Age of Learning, we develop products that are pioneering learning through play. Following the success of our Mastery product, we are committed to helping children build a strong understanding of fundamental math concepts and skills.
We are currently looking for a Senior 2D Artist - Background Layout Artist to join our expanding team. If you have intermediate to advanced experience drawing, painting, and designing complex backgrounds for video games, television animation, or feature film animation, we have work for you within our Mastery team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with solid experience creating world-class backgrounds and scene layouts in digital form. We are looking for someone that is confident and capable of working remotely while finding ways to collaborate efficiently and effectively. The Senior 2D Artist has amazing visual solutions ad style and can produce concepts and final production art in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to run with ideas and design beautiful compositions based on limited information.
- Acting as a team player leveraging exceptional traditional artistic skills while contributing to the design of our mobile and web-based products.
- Detailed background layout and conceptual and final art created in collaboration with members of the cross-functional teams of Developers, Marketing, Curriculum, and other Creatives for each project in alignment with the project's objectives.
- Can mentor and train less experienced artists in the inception, creation, and production of production-ready art.
- Has a sound production process and can share and think using sketches and less detailed drawings to convey ideas quickly.
- Inspire teams with amazing conceptual designs and technically sound digitally painted layouts, backgrounds, concept art, product designs, game ideas, storyboards, and more.
- Multi-tasking and ability to quickly change priorities as new opportunities arise.
- Utilize well-rounded communication skills while collaborating amongst a cross-functional team.
- Make use of best design practices to address business objectives in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate creative, innovative, and results-driven mentality.
- Responsible for continuing to build upon legacy design while simultaneously expanding upon the design. systems and UI to create engaging visual aspects within our products.
- 5+ years painting backgrounds and designing conceptual art for games, TV, or film.
- History of collaborating effectively across production teams.
- Passionate about designing playful and accessible art and design for kids.
- Ability to help prototype and sketch detailed ideas/storyboards to aid in development.
- Capable of iterating divergently in low fidelity and refining solutions at high fidelity.
- Familiar with best practices for desktop and mobile design patterns.
- Ability to take broad conceptual ideas and translate them into magical, meaningful, witty, and fun experiences for our players.
- Experience solving problems on paper or whiteboard, using analog sketches to convey ideas
- Expert illustration (and possible animation experience)
- Experience digitally painting world-class backgrounds is strongly preferred
- Experience using Marvel, or similar prototyping tools while developing mobile and web UI
- Experience using Illustrator, Sketch, and Photoshop for design purposes and creating a design system
- Ability and expertise in capturing details for documentation in order to share, scale and repeat production methods.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Edtech leader helping all children build a strong academic foundation with ABCmouse, Adventure Academy & My Math Academy