We are seeking a full-time 3D Artist for our flagship and future games at our growing remote studio!
Bring life to a surprising, ever-growing fantasy-adventure world, designing and modeling in-game props, environments, characters and creatures, meshes and materials to achieve the inspired look we need to make our game world shine!
A major part of our identity at Gardens are our unique and highly stylized aesthetics. We are looking for someone who can translate concept art and ideas we create together into stunning game-ready assets. This role will be working in collaboration with our talented team of artists, designers, and engineers to create an amazing new game world together!
We seek collaborative individuals that are excited to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of the game's design & production, working together as a team.
- Design and develop props, environments, characters, and creatures
- Work with the concept artists, leads, and directors to provide a consistent vision and style throughout all aspects of the game
- Create final high quality models and materials to establish visual targets
- Help Define and Develop the Art Pipeline
- Background in creating game-ready 3D art
- Ability and drive to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of the game's design & production
- Expert in 3D modeling software including modeling and texturing tools
- Knowledge of Game Engines and engine Art Pipelines (Unity3D or Unreal)
- Proficient with 3D tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance Designer and other industry standard packages
- Ability to break down tasks with accurate time estimates, from high-level components to smaller tasks, and allocate resources appropriately
- Located in PT, MT, CT, ET timezone, or willing to relocate
- Rigging Ability
- 3D Character Animation Ability
- Experience with Cloth Simulation
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid vacation, holiday and sick time with flexibility in timing
- Flexibility in work location(s) -- Gardens will open a physical studio location in the future. Employees will have the choice to continue working remotely, or to relocate and work on site.
*Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Gardens and the country in which you work.
How To Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "3D Artist".
Please include links to your portfolio on the first line of your email, including any past projects you have worked on. Please provide at least 10 pieces of work. Stylized is preferred!
All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Gardens is creating the future of online adventure games!
Gardens is a new remote game studio founded by creators of games like Journey, What Remains of Edith Finch, Sky: Children of the Light, Blaseball and more. We specialize in crafting vibrant virtual worlds that foster meaningful and memorable multiplayer moments between players around the globe!
Together, we are committed to providing a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and transparent work environment for all!
We offer competitive pay, stock options, unlimited PTO, 35 hour work weeks, and robust benefits (including full medical and vision, dental, 401k contributions and more)!
We are independent and backed by industry-leading investors.
We are currently creating our flagship project — an innovative 3D, online, action-adventure title inspired by our favorite memories from playing online games over the years.
Come grow with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Gardens is a new remote game studio founded by creators of games like Journey, What Remains of Edith Finch, Sky: Children of the Light, Blaseball and ...