Senior Gameplay Animator (Relocation Assistance)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator for an exciting new multiplayer game. For this role we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
Do you want to create exciting and memorable gameplay experiences, crafting dynamic in-game animations for all our players to enjoy?
As a Gameplay Animator in our Vanguard team, you’ll have the chance to be a key influencer in creating something completely new, while help shaping the project from the very beginning.
You will create realistic character animations, working on a new F2P/GaaS multiplayer title as a part of a solid and experienced team.
- In this role you will have the chance to bring the characters to life by creating and maintaining high quality animations.
- You will successfully collaborate with Programmers and Designers to enable fast prototyping workflow, secure animation quality, and make sure that the design guidelines are met.
- You will integrate animations into Unreal Engine while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- You will also collaborate with the project team, communicating effectively and proactively, so that the development process runs smoothly.
- You enjoy mentoring other team members, helping them to grow and improve their skills.
What we’re looking for
- You are an experienced Animator, having already worked in game development, with solid skills in keyframe animation (great sense of weight, timing and strong posing)
- You have a strong understanding of Motion Builder and mocap data editing techniques for games.
- You are able to craft appealing animations, having an excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout.
- You have experience using game engines (preferably Unreal) and hands-on experience working with state machine/blend tree solutions (knowledge of motion matching is a plus).
- You can give and receive constructive feedback when interacting with other team members, keeping the focus on making the best game possible.
An ideal candidate would also have
- Prior experience in creature animations
- Passion for creating compelling player experiences
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS
- Experience working with outsource partners
- Knowledge in scripting/programming languages (Python, C#, Lua etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D tech and visual effects.