3D Character Artist
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family and the studio behind Marvel’s Avengers and the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of game development experience, as well as our combined AAA games industry pedigree, has established us as one of best studios to work for today.
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented Character Artist who is experienced in modeling, texturing and material creation for high-end AAA games. This individual should be well-versed in Maya, ZBrush, Painter, Photoshop and Marvelous Designer. This artist should have great communication skills and be able to work closely with the Art Director, the character/art team and other disciplines to complete tasks. The ability to problem solve is important as this position requires the artist to resolve any issues that may arise. Management skills would also be a plus. This individual would be expected to push the quality bar to meet or exceed the best in the market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Art Director and Leads to deliver high quality art assets that meet or exceed standards
- Validate and maintain assets so they run efficiently in-game
- Diagnose and fix any art issues that may arise
- Stay informed of cutting-edge technologies and how they apply to our own workflow
- Establish and document pipelines for others to follow
- Provide feedback to vendors and manage outsourced material
- Collaborate with other internal teams
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and solve problems in a timely manner
- Great collaborative skills, rigorous analytical skills and strong creative drive a must
- The desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced, team focused environment
- Proven track record of meeting challenging deadlines
- Proven track record of strong organizational and communication skills (including interpersonal, writing, and editing)
- Highly organized, self-motivated with demonstrates ability to work efficiently and independently
- Experience finding solutions to visual, production, and technical challenges
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- 5+ years of experience as a character artist with a portfolio demonstrating current-gen 3D art techniques in a realistic style (full character body and/or skins required)
- Deep understanding of current-gen techniques such as photogrammetry and PBR rendering
- Proven experience in Maya, ZBrush, Painter, Photoshop and Marvelous Designer
- Previous leadership experience a plus
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V/ Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.