Producer (onsite/ remote)
Abstraction Games is an Independent Game Studio where we do our own games, as well as co-development work and adaptations of other games. We started 13 years ago as 2 people in a garden shed, and now have over 50 people in a newly renovated office just outside of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation.
We are currently working on a new IP that we’re not quite ready to talk about here, but we are really excited about it! Additionally, we also do co-development work. As a small company, you’ll have a chance to work on many different projects.
Some of our previous successes are Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Baldur’s Gate 3, Surviving Mars, Frostpunk, Hotline Miami 1&2, Broforce, and many more!
Where We Are
Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the technology university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Day in the life
In this role you will have:
- Create in-game animations to the highest standard in line with the style demanded by the project.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations work as intended in the game.
- Manage/mentor internal and external animators.
- Clean motion capture data and hand-key where necessary.
- Make sure the technical and artistic quality of the project is met by collaborating with technical animators and senior artists and make changes when necessary.
- Employ and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work.
- Help with optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers.
- Assist in the planning stages, paying consideration to the narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions.
- Must-have experience and skills
On day one we'll expect you to have:
- Demo Reel of your best in-game animations.
- Knowledge of Motion Capture.
- Excellent skills and experience in 3D software (Max, Maya, Motion Builder).
- Ability to animate realistic human motion and test in the engine.
- Good knowledge of the video game development process and production pipelines.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is desirable.
- Proficient at rigging and skinning desirable.
- What separates the best from the rest
Added bonuses you have experience in:
- 4+ years experience in an Animator role
- Good understanding of Unity or Unreal
- Experience with any of the following - Max, Maya or Motion Builder
- Knowledge of anatomy and body mechanics
- Good understanding of skinning and rigging assets
- Experience of Motion Capture
- Knowledge of tools such as MEL/Python/PyMel or similar
Work location and time zone
- Fully remote during and post COVID-19 pandemic or onsite
- Working hours are within the European time zone (CET).
- Team culture
- Embrace our core values:
- Go beyond boundaries!
- Use a “First Principles” approach.
- Take nothing at face value.
- Define your own path around obstacles.
- Embrace ideas that almost anyone would consider outrageous.
- Perform exceptionally well.
- Strive for symmetry (or intentional dissymmetry), beauty and polish.
- Craft meticulously. Don’t stop when “it’s good enough…”.
- Move mountains.
- Apply the Most Respectful Interpretation approach with one another.
- Maintain a safe environment for us, our partners and consumers.
- Be transparent and do not keep up appearances.
- Be candid and call out someone’s mistake but be nice about it. If you haven’t learned how to do this yet, learn it now.
- Be respectful of other people’s time. Be punctual, prepared, and brief.
- Seek hard problems to solve.
- Be better than yesterday.
- Step out of your comfort zone often, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Fail fast to succeed sooner.
- Challenge each other to keep growing.
- Blame none other but yourself, embrace failure and move on.
Your application has been successfully submitted.