Talent Acquisition Specialist (Mat Leave)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for an experienced and results-driven Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team in a 16-18 month maternity leave coverage position.
As a skilled and dedicated recruiter, you will build robust and diverse talent pipelines for roles across disciplines including software engineering, art and animation, design, operations, production and QA, while using your strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop trusting and collaborative relationships with hiring managers and other key stakeholders within the studio. This is a great opportunity to put your knowledge and skills to use in a fun and dynamic work environment. Help us contribute to the continued growth and success of the business and achieve our goal of making great games!
Although this is a fixed term position, you will be eligible for benefits and there is potential for the role to be extended.
What You'll Do
- Full-cycle recruitment: gain a deep understanding of our roles through research and thorough intake meetings with hiring managers; create compelling job ads; conduct thorough and effective screening of candidates; plan, facilitate and conduct interviews; negotiate, draft and send out job offers; and assist in creating a stellar onboarding experience for new employees
- Leverage advanced sourcing techniques to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline of active and passive candidates through various channels and sources, including (but not limited to) LinkedIn and other social media platforms, networking events, professional job fairs and student career fairs, employee referrals, etc.
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience throughout each stage of the recruitment process
- Partner and develop strong relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders within the studio
- Analyze and present on key recruitment data and metrics in order to support hiring decisions and improve talent acquisition processes and procedures
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining effective talent acquisition, sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies
- Act as a studio ambassador through attendance at various industry events
- Attend university career fairs and assist with our student co-op program
- Drive and own recruitment-related projects as needed
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a full-cycle recruitment role, either in a corporate or agency setting
- Demonstrated skills in sourcing and attracting talent through LinkedIn Recruiter and other platforms
- Proven success in filling difficult-to-fill roles in a highly competitive market
- A knack for building positive relationships with candidates, hiring managers and other key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech-savvy with experience using Applicant Tracking Systems such as Lever or Greenhouse
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing and presenting recruitment data and metrics
- Ability to effectively manage your time, juggle multiple priorities and maintain focus under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and fulfill extensive hiring demands
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Flexibility to help out where needed in order to achieve our recruitment goals and overall business needs
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle extremely confidential information
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and expand your skills!
- Nice-to-haves, but not required:
- Experience working in tech, games, VFX or a related industry
- Experience with employer branding and/or recruitment marketing
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
Athough we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Infinite (co-developer) | projects in the Minecraft universe | MTG Arena (supporting development) | Stela (creator)