Senior Gameplay Animator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Animator to join our newest SkyBox IP team. By joining the team close to the start of the project, you will have an opportunity to really make an impact with the animation direction and grow the animation team around you. Someone with leadership abilities and a diverse gameplay animation experience is the best fit for this dynamic role.
- Create a library of high quality animations using a combination of mocap and hand keyed creations.
- Implement a strong animation pipeline workflow that fits well with the project schedule.
- Partner and collaborate with leads of other departments such as Art, Design, Tech Art, Engineering, and Production to understand and execute on a vision for the characters of the game.
- Iterate on the overall animation look and feel to support project vision using previs techniques.
- Maintain a consistent understanding of technical gameplay animation systems for AAA game standards.
- Participate in the hiring process of additional teammates to the animation team.
- 5+ years experience working in games as a gameplay animator on AAA titles.
- Solid understanding of animation fundamentals and creation/manipulation of both keyframe and mocap data.
- Experienced working on a variety of locomotion and attacks.
- Strong experience using Maya and animation tools.
- Proven proactive and organized work style, with emphasis on communication.
- Experience working on genres such as third person action/adventure or third person shooters.
- Experience as a lead, unofficial lead, or point-of-contact for a professional animation team.
- Experience with early animation pipelines.
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with their resume will be considered for the role.
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Infinite (co-developer) | projects in the Minecraft universe | MTG Arena (supporting development) | Stela (creator)