Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Environment Artist to join an exciting new project at SkyBox Labs! In this role you will develop high quality assets and world layouts and collaborate with designers and the creative team in order to deliver new content.
- Work with artists and designers to create an immersive and compelling world and environment
- Work with existing in-game and in-library assets and create new high quality 3D environment assets
- Collaborate with designers to improve world layouts
- Optimize assets to ensure performance goals are met
- Recommend new techniques, tools and workflows to improve quality and efficiency
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in game development as an artist creating high quality environment assets for games
- Experience working on PC/console games is preferred
- Experience working on world layouts
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush
- Solid technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Optimization experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to receive and deliver effective feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant art skills is required in order to be considered for this position.
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Infinite (co-developer) | projects in the Minecraft universe | MTG Arena (supporting development) | Stela (creator)