2D/3D Art Generalist
We are now open to applications for a highly-skilled, motivated and adaptable artist, comfortable working across a variety of mediums and different contexts to join our team!
This role will contribute toward the future of the studio as a whole. Meaning, you will play an integral part in the development of our all-new original IP, as well as supporting the existing Alto titles, including content updates for the recently released Apple Arcade title; Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City.
You are someone who can proactively handle visual development tasks throughout all stages of a project's life cycle, from pre-production, to release and beyond. As an accomplished game artist, you are able to leverage your experience to effectively integrate into our existing development environment and visual identity, while helping to increase our bandwidth and highlight key areas of improvement in our 2D/3D art pipelines.
You thrive in a self-directed, autonomous environment and are comfortable wearing many hats in a small, cross-discipline team.
- Create environments, characters, items and more from the concept stage through to production.
- Create optimised, game-ready assets in 2D and 3D.
- Implement assets in-engine, and help manage the art pipeline from beginning to end.
- Manage, produce and adapt high-quality assets for social media, storefronts and other promotional events.
- Help us identify bottlenecks and implement key improvements to our art pipelines.
- Weigh in on all areas of creative development, such as narrative, art, and audio design. As a small team and as such like to ensure every team member has a stake in the creative decision-making process.
- Other visual design work as needed from time to time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong sense of independence and autonomy.
- Technically minded, and detail-oriented.
- Confidence and ability to make key decisions and identify where to be helpful, even with limited guidance.
- Ability to collaborate well, and stay sensitive to the needs of the team.
- Highly motivated and adaptable, comfortable working across a variety of mediums and contexts.
- Comfortable adapting to the minimalist visual style of both the Alto series and our internal projects.
- Experience in graphic design for web and print.
- Experience working with Unity to implement art directly in-engine.
- Proficient in 2D software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient in 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max or Blender.
- Experience delivering assets to detailed specifications, including for print.
The points below are strictly bonuses, therefore we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t feel you meet any of them! We learn on the job every day and will support you to do the same.
- Any scripting or shader writing experience would be a bonus, particularly as it relates to implementing or realising your creative vision inside a game engine.
- Experience modeling and rigging 3D characters for animation.
- Animation or motion graphics experience.
- An eye for video editing, photography, and other visual disciplines.
- Have contributed art toward a number of released titles on any modern platform.
- Role: 2D/3D Art Generalist
- Location: Remote (UK/Europe preferred)
- Hours: Full time, 40h p/w
- Duration: 12-month contract / permanent employment negotiable for UK applicants.
- Current Team Size: 3
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An independent games studio from the makers of altosadventure & Alto’s Odyssey. Creating artful, hand-crafted experiences.