King Show Games, a video game development company, is currently interviewing qualified applicants interested in pursuing a career in video game development. We are looking for people who are innovative, talented, creative, and passionate about the gaming industry. If you’re a self-motivated team player who is able to multi-task and can handle the following responsibilities, we look forward to hearing from you!
Work on game development with other artists, technical artists, software engineers, mathematicians, sound designers, and producers to design and implement new game ideas. Develop a game from start to finish, beginning with concept art, sketches, storyboards, and ending with finished digital art. This process includes developing characters, logos, reel symbols, interactive interfaces, animations, and bonus screens.
- Develop conceptual storyboards and mockups for base game and bonus screens.
- Develop characters, bonus and interface screens, logos, reel symbols, transitions, menu assets, print assets, and documentation for gaming devices.
- Work with a team consisting of artists, technical artist, software engineer, mathematician, sound designer, and a producer to design and develop new game concepts.
- Support game development by reviewing games and documenting defects and design changes at various milestones to ensure graphics, presentations, and game performance is implemented as designed
- Support games from concept to release phase by working closely with the game development team.
- The completion of at least two original game concepts per year from team.
- High school or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Strong drawing, illustration, composition, storyboarding, character design, logo design, animation (2D and 3D) and design skills. Sound experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Spine, 3ds Max and ZBrush or equivalent 3D modeling and animation program.
- Experience with Unity is a plus.
- Possess knowledge of various art styles and trends.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry is also helpful.
- Must be able to produce artwork with technical accuracy in a timely manner with top quality craftsmanship, and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communications skills, and a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to meet or exceed set project milestones and deadlines (self-motivated), which will entail extra work time as needed (work hours beyond a normal work week).
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter along with links to your demo reel and your best illustration samples.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities other than those stated above.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
King Show Games is a leading developer of innovative slot and video poker games for the casino industry.