3D Animator, New Game
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking a 3D Animator to create character animations that convey emotion and movement. This role is working on a new and exciting AR location based game that will merge the virtual with the real world and encourage players to explore the world, together.
- Produce animations using Maya and Unity.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator, Art Director, and cross functional pod of artists, engineers and product managers to create fun and appealing gameplay animations and/or cinematic events.
- Brainstorm ideas and create rapid animation prototypes.
- Troubleshoot and communicate technical animation issues.
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
- Portfolio of work showcasing examples of gameplay and/or interactive animations. Work may also include previs, animation tests, and marketing poses.
- Knowledge of anatomy, body mechanics and character acting.
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and visual appeal.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Technical experience with rigs and animation interfaces.
- Experience with AR production.
- Experience creating animations of environment objects and effects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality