At Vela we love games of every type, but we know that multiplayer, when done well, has a special ability to bring people together. Unforgettable moments are created through the power of playing together. It allows players to keep in touch with old friends regardless of distance, and to forge new friendships that will last lifetimes. Vela was created with these moments in mind, and our focus every day is thinking about how we can create impactful gaming experiences that inspire gamers around the world to play and win collectively.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating a game from the ground up. They will have a strong understanding of the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, timing, and impact. This person loves playing games as much as making games and understands the nuances of building software from a player perspective.
If this sounds like you, please apply, we would love to speak with you!
What You Will Do:
- Develop, maintain, and craft animations for real time game assets
- Assist in the development of a unique animation style
- Create strong personality within each character
- Work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting world-class games
- Mentor and support others
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Extraordinary skill in animating the human bipedal figures as well as other organic/non organic forms
- Experience crafting stylized animations with a heavy use of squash and stretch and snappy timing
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively collaborate with creative & technical team members
- Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience on multiple shipped projects in AAA games or feature animation
- Experience on 3rd person action, RPG, or fighting games
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – visual effects, rigging, or technical art
At Vela Games we are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected & valued. We continue to create a culture where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive in a fully inclusive environment. Diversity & Inclusion is embedded in everything we do and we are dedicated to creating a unique and welcoming environment to all who apply and ultimately join our team!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but transition to full time in Dublin, Ireland at a later date. We Appreciate each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.ply for this job
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Uniting Gamers through Play