Character Concept Artist
At Vela we love games of every type, but we know that multiplayer, when done well, has a special ability to bring people together. Unforgettable moments are created through the power of playing together. It allows players to keep in touch with old friends regardless of distance, and to forge new friendships that will last lifetimes. Vela was created with these moments in mind, and our focus every day is thinking about how we can create impactful gaming experiences that inspire gamers around the world to play and win collectively.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating a game from the ground up. As a Concept Artist on the project, you will be a key member of the team, creating engaging and memorable characters, creatures and weapons and help come up with visual solutions for game concepts and world building. You love playing games as much as making games and appreciate how to deliver a look and feel that will excite and engage players.
If this sounds like you, please apply, we would love to speak with you !
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the art team to develop original concepts from early production to final render to help expand the games visual style and direction through concept
- Create a wide range of assets from characters, creatures, and weapons
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting world-class games
- A number of years of knowledge gained as a professional 2D artist in concept, games, or film/animation.
- Strong comprehension of visual style and the facility to help drive its future from an artistic perspective.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final state.
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, anatomy, composition, design, and how they relate to game development specifically.
- Exceptional eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating new artwork.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration.
- Previous production involvement in AAA games.
- Interests in other areas of art for games (3D, FX, UI, etc.).
At Vela Games we are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected & valued. We continue to create a culture where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive in a fully inclusive environment. Diversity & Inclusion is embedded in everything we do and we are dedicated to creating a unique and welcoming environment to all who apply and ultimately join our team!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but transition to full time in Dublin, Ireland at a later date. We Appreciate each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options. for this job
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Uniting Gamers through Play