The Hero Profile
We are looking for a 2D Animator to join us! If you’re looking to bring life to characters and environments, and are passionate about building world-class mobile games, this is the role for you. The ideal candidate has a creative eye and isn’t afraid to try new things or take on challenges. Passionate about your craft and with the portfolio to boot, you are eager to breathe life into games that will reach players across the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Create stunning in-game animations, responsive and consistent with the overall game concepts and physics
- Prepare animations for export to game engine
- Assist in the integration of animation with designers and programmers to build a cohesive vision for game experience
- Work within the established art, technical, visual and physical parameters in accordance to game design, concept and under direction of the Senior Art Team
- Assist with Lead Artist & Product Owner to establish the animation style and vision for the project
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and eagerness to learn for performing various tasks and approaching new learning techniques
- Provides creative solutions for technical art problems that may come up
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies in the animation industry
- Provide general support to debug animation systems
What we’re looking for
Essential skills and qualifications include:
- An outstanding demo reel that must be included in the initial application! We’re looking for polish, talent and passion.
- Utilize 2D cut-out animation software to generate fluid classical looking animation.
- 3+ years of working experience in animation
- Proven experience in animation software (i.e. ToonBoom, Adobe Animate CC)
- Experience with rigging systems
- Confidence in creating smooth character animations that bring life to our games
- Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding (but fun!) team-focused environment
Plusses - good to have, but not required!
- Basic knowledge of Unity Engine
- Experience in particles and effects animation
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in animation or art
- Experience in animating for video games
- Proven video editing knowledge and skills: Premier, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
- Experience with Git/Source Control
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Who you are:
- Passionate for casual games in the mobile space!
- Excited — excited about discovering new things; excited about making a tangible impact; excited about innovation; excited about having your ideas and voice heard!
- Build games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
- Competitive salary and growth structure
- A health, dental and vision spend, ready for you from Day 1!
- An education spend, ready for you from Day 1. Learning and development are key here.
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- We’ve adapted and we’re remote, but you better believe the fun doesn’t stop — we’re committed to maintaining and dare-we-say, even elevating our GH fun times culture with: regular paid team lunches, at-home contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- Working in the heart of downtown Toronto with an exceptional view, all the snacks and drinks you can consume, and a game room to boot!
Join the Hive
Get with us!
- Your resume in PDF format
- A link to your portfolio that demonstrates your animation wizardry through a variety of styles
Game Hive is currently remote due to the pandemic, and are open to hiring remote employees. But please note: All candidates must be willing to work in Toronto's Eastern Standard Timezone.
Game Hive is an equal opportunity employer. We put heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Redefining the mobile game space!