This job is no longer accepting applications.
Beamdog, the company behind Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions have flipped the script and have a little something fantastical brewing. Join our team for an exciting opportunity!
Reporting to the Art Director/Lead Artist, the 3D Environment Artist will help us build amazing environments and props for our upcoming titles. They will collaborate with the Project Leads and the design & art teams to help drive the vision and aesthetic forwards.
- Work with the level design team creating 3D models for use in creation of game environments, as well as complete environments and set pieces from initial block-out to final polish.
- Support efficient and collaborative prototype efforts with the design team and project leads.
- Create engaging and exciting environments and props with strong visual composition and interesting gameplay space.
- Work with the art Leads and art team to ensure artistic unity across the entire project.
- Collaborate with the design team to make gameplay and levels function harmoniously.
- Excel at maintaining consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all environments.
- Create content that aligns and maintains consistency with the visual direction for the game.
- Ensure all content meets the highest quality bar and the performance requirements of the game engine.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in game development as an artist creating environment assets for games using Maya (or equivalent), Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Designer.
- Strong understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines in engines like UE4, Unity or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organic and hard surface modeling techniques with a focus on stylized content.
- Possess a good technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly to support environment art creation.
- Excellent understanding of light, shade, color, and detail when creating game textures and materials.
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Proven ability with problem-solving / prototyping on a game team.
- Able to effectively collaborate with artists, game designers, and programmers.
- Strong knowledge and competency with Maya (or similar 3D package), Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Have shipped at least one AAA PC or console title as a 3D environment artist.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Perforce, and other project management tools.
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, sketchfab, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Canadian video game developer with cross-platform mastery: Switch, PS4, Xbox, Windows, macOS, Linux, Android & iOS!