Twin Drums is a hybrid-remote indie game studio with employees in Europe & Africa (primary work timezones). We are growing our team and are looking for a Game Rigger/Animator to work with us on The Wagadu Chronicles, an African-inspired indie MMO built from the ground up for role-playing.
We are a small team, so the work that you contribute will have a large impact on the outcome of the project. Often in cases, team members take on multiple roles within the project, especially if this role is within their expertise or there is a personal interest.
The Wagadu Chronicles is an ambitious project, developed by a group of experienced game designers, artists and engineers who are very passionate about the project. At Twin Drums we acknowledge and highly encourage learning and growth as we go along, come and grow with us.
- Interested in growing and learning new things.
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Has a regard and respect for the project as a whole.
Art in The Wagadu Chronicles
TWC is a top-down sandbox MMORPG focused on roleplaying. Thanks to our Afrofantasy setting, we are the first game in the genre to be entirely based on African and black diasporic cultures. Our game is colourful and bright - we are creating a stylized, hand-painted style with visible brush strokes and patterns that makes our game visually unique and contributes to the cosy & pleasant feeling. Our characters and animals though are semi-realistic, while spirits can depict various almost-abstract forms.
- Create a reusable rig for our character customization
- Create rigs for ancestors, spirits and animals
- Create custom rigs and solutions for hair, clothes and other accessories
- Create 3D animations
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the character pipeline
- Previous experience with rigging and animating for games
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills - working closely with other team members, communicating the issues, actively finding solutions
- Experience with Blender since our character pipeline is built on it
- Experience with Unity animation systems
- Possesses strong technical skills in rigging and animation
- Strong artistic eye, understanding of both human and creature anatomy
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Solid time and project management skills
Nice to have:
- Coding or scripting experience for tools and automations
Your application has been successfully submitted.