Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly motivated and talented 3D Artist II to join our Rogue Planet Gaming Development team here in San Diego. This individual will be instrumental in doing some critical hard surface modeling and creating some new key features on PlanetSide® 2 to ensure that we continue to provide our community with the great gameplay experiences that only Planetside can provide!
- Collaborate with with the team to talk about Hard Surface goals.
- Participating in playtests to evaluate how assets are working in a live environment and to give notes on the entire game.
- Create high-quality hard surface models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Become integrated with designers to help better implement design goals
- Work on a weapons and vehicles with designers and animators to make them feel great.
- Collaborate with production to ensure deliverables meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule
- Translate fully realized concepts and simple napkin sketches into amazing models of weapons and vehicles
- Experience working as a Hard Surface Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent Hard Surface assets for feature films
- Advanced understanding of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality
- Proficient with 3D Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Enthusiastic and performance-driven attitude who is a self-starter and team player
- Proficient with high to low poly pipelines
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Experience in AAA game development
- A Passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with the PlanetSide® Franchise
- Working knowledge of PBR
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games and emergent gameplay...