Bethesda Games Studios is looking for a highly motivated Animator with a passion for online games to join our team in Austin, TX.
- Produce top-quality, hand-keyed animation assets for humans, creatures, and environments
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments
- Work with our artists to develop proper models for animation
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create a cohesive vision and experience
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration
NOTE: Work samples are required with your application. Required demo reel should include examples of previous animation work. A shot breakdown should also be included with an explanation of responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation and character anatomy
- Experience with both human and creature animation
- Extensive knowledge in Maya or 3dsMax
- Ability to maintain a consistent style throughout production
- Receptive to constructive feedback and willingness to work through an iterative process
- Prioritize tasks with management and remain accountable to deadlines
- Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Aptitude for quickly learning new systems
- 3+ years of production experience as an animator
- Previous AAA game development and multiple shipped titles
- Experience working on live games
- Experience in creating animation state machines and blend trees in a game engine
- Experience animating in Maya, and 3dsMax (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with motion capture transfer, editing and cleanup
- Motion Builder experience
- Fundamental understanding of character rigging
- Passion for video games
- Strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios titles
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developers of The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield #WeAreHiring