Lead Environment Artist
At Motorsport Games, we are a diverse collection of people. Developers, designers, marketers, artists, producers, and salespeople from all over the world. And despite our different skills, backgrounds, and experiences, we are all passionate about games. Our focus is, unsurprisingly, motorsport and racing related. We have shaped some of your favourite racing games from the last 20 years on console, PC and mobile, and are embarking on an ambitious journey to reshape the industry - to unite racing communities, esports, games, content, ideas, tools and chat all in one place. And we want you to join us. Different experiences and perspectives are vital to our ambitions.
We are growing rapidly via our NASCAR, Le Mans, BTCC and other motorsport licenses and need outstanding, passionate talent like you to get us to where we want to go. So, we want to hear about your story, and what you can add to Motorsport Games.
We are looking for an accomplished Principal Environment Artist, with a passion for creating awe inspiring, photorealistic environments. You will have exceptional creative and technical abilities and be at the forefront of setting the benchmarks for all environment art.
At motorsport games you get the opportunity to leave your thumbprint on a range of new projects, overseeing asset benchmarks, creating new workflows, and documenting the process from concept to completion.
The ideal candidate will be someone driven to succeed. You will work closely with the Lead Artist and other Art Principals in a tight knit, creative team and become the connoisseurs of quality across our titles.
Do you want to work on the next generation of virtual motorsport? Get in touch!
Motorsport Games is a video games company with major offices in Miami, Orlando, London, Silverstone, and Moscow with a large network of remote developers and support staff located around the globe
- You will work alongside Lead Artist and Director of Art to establish Track Environment visual targets for future racing titles.
- You will evangelise state of the art, art processes and be responsible for creating benchmark assets for Props, Building, track surface, texture, and materials.
- You will work closely with technical artists, and engineers to create efficient (current & next gen) workflow and art pipeline specifically for racing titles.
- You will be responsible for creating documentation to ensure quality of asset and material development is maintaining a consistent high quality from all content creators, internal and external.
- You will actively guide and mentor other team members
- At least 3 AAA titles or 5 years’ experience as a senior artist
- Evangelist artist with a strong autonomous desire to push the envelope
- In depth knowledge of 3D Modelling software like Zbrush, Maya, 3DS Max
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Substance Painter, Designer, and current gen texturing techniques
- A strong eye for storytelling and detailed image making
- Demonstratable experience with the Unreal engine
- Experience in photogrammetry and point cloud data
- Experience with Houdini
- Connected to the Silverstone office, with remote working for the right candidate
Competitive salary, corporate benefits and the opportunity to define the future of racing from within an exciting, growing and friendly international games company
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating and combining class-leading racing games and esports amplified by our community-led racing hub.