This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are: Founded in 2015, Mursion is a technology-driven, multi-disciplinary startup creating cutting-edge virtual reality simulations. Our simulations are used globally by professionals across multiple industries to practice and master the complex interpersonal skills necessary to be effective in high-stakes professions. Mursion promotes a unique culture where individuals are able to be adventurous in the pursuit of improving human interactions. Ideal candidates at Mursion are team-players, comfortable working across remote teams and distributed environments, and invested in the idea that high-impact learning experiences can be both powerful and playful.
Who We Want: We seek talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission to leverage virtual reality technology to reinvent professional learning, and who are motivated to help Mursion become the premier global platform for virtual simulation training for behavioral skills. We value empathy, curiosity, and constant improvement both in our internal operations and when working with partners and clients. Our employees are most successful when they employ strong collaboration skills, skilled communications, a problem-solving orientation, and demonstrate comfort in an evolving and fast-paced startup environment.
Position Overview: We are seeking a Sr. Environment Artist (contractor) to oversee production of high-fidelity Environments for Unity game engine. You will play a key role on a cross-functional art development team responsible for building the next generation of VR content for Mursion simulation platform. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 - 5 years’ game development experience and a strong portfolio showcasing examples of AAA quality environments captured from Unity, Unreal or a similar engine.
This position is a remote, full-time contractor position reporting to the Creative Director.
- Lead visual design and development of next-gen simulation environments.
- Author high quality hard surface models, textures and materials using PBR workflow.
- Proactively seek art feedback from manager and Creative Director.
- Process and tune marketplace assets to conform with existing pipelines.
- Maintain a library of environment props and oversee conventions and quality.
- Design, assemble and light scenes matching current gen AAA quality.
- Configure camera perspectives, avatar placement and dynamic lighting.
- Assemble projects with multiple scenes using json scripts and validate own work.
- Manage final assets integration with Art Library Designer and configure for compatibility.
- Manage art QA pipeline via JIRA with offshore team and resolve bugs internally.
- Lead art project config testing via Mursion Portal and validate quality.
- Support production of client facing marketing materials.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ working experience in the AAA game development industry creating high-fidelity, photo-real environments for real-time rendering.
- Strong portfolio showcasing examples of professional and personal environment work.
- Comfortable working remotely in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expert level knowledge and proficiency in 2D/3D authoring software (Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mari).
- Some experience with writing scripts in Unity using C# or basic pipeline tools via Python or Mel.
- Ability to self manage, prioritize and multi-task while efficiently delivering quality.
- Strong eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating photo-real shaders and materials.
- Strong communication and writing skills with ability to document pipelines.
- Comfortable with managing junior talent and offshore outsourcing personnel.
- Expert level asset management skills.
- Traditional skills are a plus.
Compensation and perks: Salary commensurate with experience. For full-time employees, Mursion offers competitive benefits, which include full medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k matching program, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
Collaborate with a unique blend of employees ranging from 3D artists, software developers, operations, sales, and finance teams to actors who deliver interactive, highly immersive simulations.
Be at the forefront of reinventing learning for the future workforce.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested parties are encouraged to submit as soon as possible.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Virtual reality simulations for emotional intelligence.