Moonshot is looking for a talented and passionate Animator! As an animator you know that it takes more than a well-made 3D model to bring a character to life. How a creature moves says as much about its personality as how big its jaws/teeth may be. A player’s feelings about a character often come from the nuanced performances you played a key part in establishing.
Are you looking for the opportunity to breath life into a wide array of characters and creatures in an all new and exciting world? Does the prospect of becoming part of a small team working on our very first game fill you with excitement? Do you enjoy the challenge presented in developing creative animations that fit seamlessly with engaging gameplay? Well, if you are looking to challenge yourself and those around you, we look forward to talking with you!
As Moonshot’s first animator, your close collaboration with the Art Director and other discipline leads will establish and maintain a workflow that unlocks the creative potential for all involved. Your creative voice will help shape the visual style and character of an exciting and engaging world. Your engagement at a studio level will help assure that not only are we making a game that excites us and our players, but that we continue to build a studio with strong and meaningful values.
What You Will Do
- Create cinematic and in-game animation and bring characters, creatures, and other assets to life
- Prototype and create block-out animations
- Partner with technical artists to define and improve our animation pipeline
- Set and drive the vision for animation in collaboration with the other disciplines
What We Need:
- Experience shipping AAA game titles as an in-game animator
- Knowledge of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, posing/timing, cycles and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation
- Experience animating first-person and third-person ranged and melee combat
- High level of follow through and ability to take initiative to solve problems
- Experience with 3DS Max or Maya
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills in a fluid, iterative environment
- Experienced with the Unreal 4 Engine is preferred
Please provide a resume, portfolio, and cover letter when you apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dreamhaven is a video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, CA.