Senior Cinematics Animator
We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 150 experienced and skilled employees out of Stockholm. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and will soon be launching the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. We are known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, use Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time and our CEO is not beneath fixing the coffee machine himself. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
We are looking for an experienced animator to join our narrative production team. As a Senior Cinematics Animator you will work closely with the Cinematics Director to create high quality cutscenes and cinematics, as well as guide, tutor and delegate tasks to more junior animators in the team. You will help form and develop our animation outsourcing collaborations as well as supply production with estimates and flag potential problems along the way. You will take part in shooting motion capture as well as doing in-engine prototyping, motion editing and face animation, all in a fast paced and highly creative environment.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits (for gym membership & more)
- Health checkups once every 2nd year
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Ensure the cinematics animations meet expected quality standards and content deadlines
- Clean and edit motion capture data, from raw data all the way to polished cinematics, in a fast and effective way
- Guide, tutor and delegate tasks to more junior members of the team
- Find creative ways to improve efficiency and quality by requesting tools updates and by scrutinizing current workflows
- Be a part of the motion capture recording sessions, working with the Cinematics Director to ensure their vision
- Animate realistic human faces with lip-sync
- Keep a clean work file structure and environment, keeping to and building on top of naming standards and structure for easy collaboration
- Effectively estimate and prioritize work, meet deadlines and communicate progress to the team leads
- Supply production with estimates on a feature level, flagging potential problems
- Excellent motion capture editing skills
- An expert in Autodesk MotionBuilder for motion editing
- A fast, highly iterative and collaborative work style
- Strong facial Animation skills
- Expert knowledge of the animation principles
- A keen artistic eye and a strong sense of motion and visual aesthetics
- Experience with implementing animations in a game engine
- Experience tutoring and onboarding junior animators
- Strong hand-key animation skills
- At least 4-5 years of experience in the game industry
- Experience using Autodesk Maya for animation
- Experience leading a team
- Experience handling outsourcing partners, integrating and giving constructive feedback on outsourced content
Most of us are currently working temporarily from home, but our office is not completely closed and parts of the onboarding can be done there. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to review applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.