We are seeking an Environment Artist with experience of working on large, open world titles, who, with their passion for creating new, alien worlds, can help us to bring the Life Beyond universe into existence.
They will be able to showcase advanced capabilities with 3D content tools, and as a result, will get to build immersive, living, and fully-realized environments, that will be equally fun and beautiful to explore.
Apply now to be a part of an amazing group of people working on this visually stunning project!
Please note that Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
This position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Work with the Senior Environmental Artist and Art Director to create high quality environments consistent with Life Beyond’s visual direction
- Work with Designers, Concept Artists, and other Environment Artists to prototype and test new game environments
- Work closely with Level Designers and Technical Artists to define the specification of environment artwork and to maintain gameplay and performance markers
- Create game environment assets : Build, model and texture environment art, detailed props and objects
- Maintain a high degree of excellence in processes, projects, deliverables and communication
You give us your skills, dedication and enthusiasm, and here’s what you get back:
- A competitive salary (based on experience) + stock options + 20% profit sharing
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working hours without time tracking - we trust you to deliver on your work commitments
- Choose where you wish to live! The company is distributed and will accommodate you wherever you are
- Choose your own software - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- Attend in-person events with the entire Darewise team multiple times a year
- Visit your co-workers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Access to digital book and game libraries
If you choose Paris and our headquarters as your base, here are some added benefits:
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world!
- Relocation packages, including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance
- 50% coverage of the cost of your public transport card
- €500 per year to cover sustainable transportation costs, with the exception of cars, such as bicycle leasing costs, skateboards, etc
- Access to physical book and game libraries
- An ergonomic work set-up, with Herman Miller chairs and standing desks
- Choose your own hardware - we want you to be comfortable and efficient
- 3+ years Game development industry experience creating environment for World-Class content or AAA games in an Environment Artist role.
- Credited as an Environment Artist in at least one published game, for PC or console.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design.
- Strong stylized environment designer who can demonstrate great artistic sensitivity to create works of art to inspire and illuminate the direction of our project.
- Amazing environment sculptor/modeler/painter with a diverse portfolio.
- High level of proficiency with 3D environment art development tools including, but not limited to: 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, etc.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Excellent time-management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to review and provide feedback internally and externally in a professional manner.
- Ability to perform well as a team.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with open-ended/sandbox multiplayer games and modular systems.
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds.
- Knowledge of and experience with Unreal Engine
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, and may include a test depending on the position, with an on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases (and during the current restrictions due to Covid-19), exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are developing interactive and socially-connected experiences that go beyond entertainment