Freelance Gameplay Animator (6 Month Contract/Remote)
To put it simply: you’ll work with great people, making top-tier, high-quality interactive experiences with the best IP in the world. We set out to build an uncompromising vision for a game studio and found the ideal partner in Skydance to extend its reach and sustainability. To fully deliver our vision for these games we assembled the best external development, publishing and IP partners in the world. Our internal team will remain small relative to other AAA developers so we can all maintain the highest levels of familiarity, trust and effectiveness. You’ll be surrounded by industry veterans, currently with an average of 20 years’ experience, in a climate of mutual trust, maturity, candor and playful collaboration. We believe that life’s too short to work with difficult people, regardless of talent, so exceptional character and strong principles are requirements for every role. Your days will be focused on solving creative and technical problems, not navigating corporate politics.
We are open to a spectrum of remote working and office scenarios for staff. This will include regular team get-togethers and travel throughout the year, so we benefit from the best of both worlds – flexibility and efficiency as well as team cohesion.
What You’ll Do:
We are searching for a Gameplay Animator to join our core team developing a high quality, AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game built using the Unreal Engine. This is a 6-month contract position with opportunity to extend
As part of a small animation team, we are looking for someone capable of providing high quality human gameplay animation across many different types of motion (Combat, Traversal, Locomotion, etc…) utilizing both mocap and hand keyed to provide a wide range of animation data for the game systems. The main focus will be on preproduction and fast iteration to get systems up and running as quickly as possible.
In This Role, You Will:
- Produce gameplay animation content from previs, motion capture
- Generate hand-keyed placeholder content as necessary
- Collaborate closely and proactively with design, engineering and animation teams
- Implement animation content into gameplay systems in Unreal
- Create animation content in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- Quickly generate content for design and systems development
- Iterate on and tune content in DCC and engine
We Are Looking for People Who:
- Are able to push visual quality to a high degree of both realism and exaggerated movement
- Thrive in a self-driven environment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Are a great communicator and cross-discipline collaborator
- Have a strong understanding of animation fundamentals
- Have a general understanding of AAA game animation development
- Have a general understanding of Game engine limitations and possibilities
- Have 3+ years experience in Gameplay Animation
- Have strong time management skills
- Experience with motion matching data is a plus
- Hand keyed human motion experience is a plus
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where imagination is being re-imagined