Lead Environment Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations.
What you will do...
- Collaborate with the art, design, and engineering teams to define environment art pipeline and workflows; R&D new techniques and best practices to implement into production pipeline
- Partner closely with the Art Director to establish artistic style and ensure unified look and consistent quality across game environments
- Maintain the artistic direction and vision through all phases of the game development. This entails ensuring environment/level assets are of the highest artistic quality and upholding the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 5+ years in a Environment Artist or Senior Environment Artist role
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Unreal 4 etc.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design.)
- Strong understanding of color and light
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A double threat media studio that creates timeless stories and engaging video games to anchor entertainment franchises.