Environment Artist (Contractor)
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
We’re looking for a talented Contract Environment Artist to hit the ground running and help bring Xadia to life through their beautiful art and immersive environment design.
What you will do...
- Create beautiful 3D environment and level assets that are of the highest artistic quality and that serve the game’s design pillars
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering departments to ensure quality in all aspects of environment art
- Work with the Art Director and Environment Artist to maintain the artistic style and ensure a unified look and consistent quality across game environments
- 3+ years in an Environment Artist role
- Experience with game art pipelines and tools
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic/hard surface forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, etc.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Bonus XP: experience with Unreal Engine 4
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A double threat media studio that creates timeless stories and engaging video games to anchor entertainment franchises.