This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cryptic Studios is seeking a talented Environment Artist to collaborate in the creation of new content for Neverwinter, our highly successful Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. You’ll work closely with the environment art and design teams to create environments that are both gameplay-oriented and visually stunning.
We have adopted a flexible work policy that allows options for onsite work in our Los Gatos, CA studio or fully remotely from anywhere throughout the US. Come and join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging and visually stunning gameplay environments for the fantasy world of Neverwinter
- Using 3D Studio Max or Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop and our proprietary tools to create high quality assets, engaging layouts and stunning lighting
- Creating models and assembling scenes for a wide variety of interiors, exteriors, and architecture
- Iterating on game assets and environments with fellow artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
- Proven experience creating real time 3D environments for video games
- Strong proficiency with industry standard 3D and 2D software
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality work in a broad range of styles, within technical constraints, using proprietary systems and tools
- Strong world building design instincts and ability to create environments that enhance gameplay
- Artistic ability to visualize entire levels with minimal concept art and direction
- Exceptional eye for proportion, scale, and surface properties
- Strong understanding of color, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows
- Basic proficiency creating environmental VFX and/or environmental animations
- Passion for the Dungeons & Dragons franchise
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments
- An art test may be required
What Cryptic Offers
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A smart, fun, and tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Now supporting fully remote options for nearly all positions! Come join us - Apply at crypticstudios.com