Lead Character Artist (US Applications Sought)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Finland Fast Track Program
This role is under the Finland Fast Track Program, an initiative of the Finland government to encourage exceptional international talent, specifically from the USA, to find fulfilling roles in the budding gaming and ICT industry in Finland.
This role is based in Finland. Applicants are encouraged to and offered fast-track support to relocate there for this role, and the city you’ll move to will welcome you and your family with several relocation services.
As a Lead Character Artist you would be in charge of the characters and creatures from a visual quality and design standpoint of our next-gen cloud-native MMO. You would join a world-class team of game developers and work closely with our character team and game designers.
The role is based preferably in Helsinki, alternatively in Reykjavik, but we are also open to discuss a remote role.
- You will define the benchmark standards and vision for the game’s characters and creatures for years to come in collaboration with the art & design leads.
- You will work with the tech artists and programming team to help define and implement workflows, pipelines and best practices for a game-as-service.
- You will communicate with other disciplines and guide the character modeling team and external vendors when needed.
- You will help define the production schedule for the characters and creatures together with our character team.
- You will maintain the quality throughout the production cycle and timely delivery of assets ensuring that the character assets follow our vision, specifications, quality bars and are functioning in the game as intended.
What we are looking for:
- You have solid experience in AAA games and character creation, design process, pipelines, and tools.
- You have a passion for games, ideally RPGs and MMOs.
- You have expert knowledge of organic and hard surface modeling producing high-quality topology and UVs with inventive use of textures & shaders.
- You have extensive experience in working together with rigging and animation.
- You have an understanding of current and new character creation techniques and technologies and a desire to push quality while maintaining technical performance.
- You have experience in modular approaches to character creation and concepting process, human anatomy, materials, silhouettes, and the readability of the characters.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of industry-standard 3D and 2D software, Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop, etc.
- You have a strong knowledge of industry-standard pipelines and workflows, asset exporting process, and implementation within the game.
- Experience in working with UE4 is a big plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Nordic startup reimagining MMO gaming for our cloud native future. Operating from studios in Helsinki and Reykjavik.