Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Capital Games is a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento. We're home to the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
We're a close-knit group of gamers that's passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is helpful, quick, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
As a Game Designer reporting to the Lead Game Designer, you will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players.
You have experience working on a live, mobile game, with preference being given to those with experience working on RPGs. You will demonstrate a solid understanding of games and player compulsion and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres. You will be a die-hard Star Wars fan with a history of creating quality, thematic content, and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative by nature, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a multidisciplinary environment.
Come work at an amazing studio and share your passion for Star Wars with the world!
- Play the game and become an expert on the game.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Craft new units, gear, and events for players by utilizing internal tools and directly editing game data in XML.
- Create IP-correct characters and events.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Take part in internal and external playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Create and maintain design templates.
- Guide change through research and live data.
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Have 2+ years of game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile turn-based RPGs.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game.
- Demonstrable content creation skills.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Unity, Perforce, and scripting experience are a plus.
Recently, we’ve also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short term, for employees to work remotely.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mobile game development studio. Makers of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.