Game Capture Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Considering people on both a full-time or part-time (4 days per week) basis
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studios, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
The vision for our Global Marketing Creative Team at Zynga is informed by a pursuit of new and different ideas, rapid creative development, and efficient production. We develop creative executions across paid and owned channels that invite and encourage millions of players worldwide to take part in our games as well as keep players engaged, informed, and rewarded for their active participation. Our creative and production processes prioritize achieving both performance objectives and executional excellence while we all endeavour to foster a collaborative culture that embraces and drives creative trends in the mobile marketing & acquisition space.
We’re looking for a Game Capture Artist who will be responsible for capturing gameplay footage and rendering other content from in-engine consoles (i.e. Unity/Unreal) for a production cadence of Paid Channel Advertising, App Store Assets, Social/Community Assets, and more.
You will have a good eye for shot composition and will be as comfortable with a touch screen as they are with a game controller. A deep understanding of the engine software, as well as audio and video formats, is essential, alongside strong attention to detail and workflow efficiency. You will strive to optimize the capture pipeline and will set the standard for video capture throughout the organisation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Capture gameplay and cinematic content (video and static) for use in weekly video/display ads, trailers, and social media content
- Manage capture requests from teams across multiple projects and offer creative input where possible
- Organise and maintain a footage library for a global team
- Work to improve the capture process and provide a reliable source of high-quality content
Required Skills & Experience
- Thorough understanding of industry-standard video/image formats
- Understanding of and interest in best practices (colour, composition) for the production of commercial art (motion/static)
- Experience with Adobe CC: Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop
- Passion for games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Game development experience
- Knowledge of Unity console
- Mobile QA lead experience
- Unreal engine knowledge
- Basic scripting knowledge (C#, Lua, Python)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting the world through games.