Animator – WOZ Slots
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zynga Austin is looking for a skilled ANIMATOR to join the team that brings to life one of the most beloved franchises, Wizard of Oz Slots! We make the world’s most beautiful slots and do so in a fast-moving, supportive, and energetic environment. Our team consists of industry veterans from the casino and video game industry, giving us great depth and adaptability.Responsibilities:
The Animator will be working with a team of designers, concept artists, technical artists and software engineers to develop amazing animation and special effects in the Cocos Engine. The Animator’s duties consist primarily of 2D animation, specifically symbols, logos, UI, environments, vfx and character animations. Other duties include packing texture sheets, creating and animating particle systems, implementing animations into our game engine and art asset optimization. The ideal candidate has well-rounded experience in a game pipeline.
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to provide and receive feedback
- Design sensibility, including the effective use of color, form, lighting and composition
- Expert demonstration of core animation principles, especially a strong grasp in timing, eases and squash/stretch.
- Core Photoshop skills such as compositing, touch ups, tiling, proper use of layer styles and creative art save out for animation.
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- 3+ years experience in games development
- A passion for video games
- An appreciation for Casino games, especially video slots
- Experience creating content for off-the shelf game engines like Unity3D
- Proficiency with other animation software, such as After Effects, Flash or Spine
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git
*Please include your portfolio in the application!
*2D animation samples are encouraged, especially if they are in-game
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting the world through games.