Senior 3D Character Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In a lookout for Senior 3D Character Artist to create fantastic characters for our games! Care and understand character design, you ensure that the characters you create and develop plays and matches the world of the game. Work closely with the other developers to come up with interesting and functional characters that plays and breathes life for a full game experience. Making sure that you and the team are up to date with recent game technologies to improve visual and workflow. With your excellent communication skills, you can help guide the team to reach a better output.
A Senior 3D Character Artist will be responsible for:
- Delivering excellence
- Work efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production.
- Generate high-quality art work that matches or exceeds studio standards.
- Visualize and conceive objects, or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Participates in creating documentation and tutorials for on-going artistic and technical training.
- Assist Art Director and other developers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Communication Keeping the Art Director and Producers up to date regarding status of tasks at all times.
- Obtain Art Director guidance and approval as needed on tasks, project initiatives and milestones.
- Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify Managers and Producers in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges.
- Provide technical knowledge to help develop cutting-edge technologies for use in our games and help to further improve our internal workflow practices.
- Team and personal developmentConsistently refine one’s own artistic abilities and learn new software packages and in-house tools.
- Contribute and help build a positive team environment.
- Working closely with designers, artists, QA, and engineers to ensure art assets are working well and creates a great player experience
- Assist other team members as well as guiding and training juniors
- Full proficiency in software packages and tools of the games industry listed below3ds Max/Maya
- Substance Painter
- Substance Designer
- PBR workflow
- Unreal Engine
- Surface knowledge on the following softwares and toolsBlender
- Highly proficient in one of the following disciplines or intermediate in all of themHuman Anatomy
- Creature Anatomy
- Hard Surface Modeling
- Cloth Sculpting or Simulation
- Hand-painted Textures
- Proficiency in Game Engine technologies such as Unreal with asset integration
- Experience with the game art asset pipeline, i.e. highpoly and efficient game ready lowpoly modelling, texturing and baking.
- Can work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven and positive team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity or experience with agile software development practices (i.e. SCRUM)
- Familiarity with other game engines (CryEngine, Unity, etc.)
- One or more shipped game titles
- Capable of working in other art disciplines (Concept Art, Rig, Animation, VFX, etc)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering the promise to more than 300 AAA titles and collaborated with long-term global partners.