Senior Facial Animator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a talented Facial Animator with extensive experience developing keyframe animations as well as working with Motion Capture animations. Facial Animator is responsible for creation and implementation of computer facial animations of the characters based on the screenplay and design of the game and for their resulting quality and functionality in the game.
What You Will Do:
- Create both keyframe and mocap driven facial animations that set the standard for character animation on both creatures and bipeds.
- Work with the animation team, lead animator, character artists, cinematic editors, designers and producers to deliver content that matches their vision and constraints.
- Assist in the rig development by working with the animation TD and creature designer to inform the structure and mechanics of the rig.
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug.
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project.
- Search for new solutions and enhancements related to facial animations of the characters.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with unique creatures and characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability.
- Exceptional understanding of facial animation for various types of emotions, complementing activities of and typical for the characters. Ability to analyze, capture, and reproduce these expressions.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe or mocap animation in games or film.
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots and processing data.
- Ideally, you have shipped at least 1 AAA console game. Experience in the game industry.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.).
- Knowledge of computer games.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts...