This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Lead Animator is a new role dedicated to leading a team of animators to produce high-quality, in-game animations. You will verify the quality of the animation in the game, and plan the direction of motion capture shoots. As part of the Animation team, you will play a key role in ensuring the technical and artistic quality of the game.
This role would suit a senior animator who is looking for a new challenge in a leadership role.
The Rebellion Animation team is responsible for bringing to life game characters for our titles. The team work between Design and Character Art to ensure that the animation is in line with the creative direction of the project.
- Lead a team of Animators with best practice people management techniques
- Collaborate with Head of Art, Head of Animation, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Plan and direct motion capture shoots
- Build strong collaboration with motion capture partners
- Create high-quality, in-game animations to the highest standard in line with the style and demand of the project
- Verify the quality of animation in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Be an active mentor and role model for the animation team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Expert knowledge of motion capture
- Expert knowledge of 3D software such as Max or Maya
- Easily able to animate realistic human motion
- Expert knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of visual story telling
- Able to plan and prioritise work. Balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives
- Able to effectively communicate information and be persuasive. Whilst building long-term, trusting relationships with a wide range of people and building trust within multiple teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
28+ years of independent games, books, films & comics! Known for Sniper Elite, Zombie Army, Evil Genius, 2000AD & more!