Experienced Animator - Onsite
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Two simple questions:
- Are you an experienced Animator looking to take your career to the next level?
- Do you love to evolve and devise new animation solution, and want the opportunity to work on multiple games?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Animator and join our passionate and talented Rebellion North team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Experienced Animator role:
The Experienced Animator is a new role dedicated to work on Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining IP.
You will be committed to portraying the movement and behaviour of assets within projects and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction. You will apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows to support the projects.
This role would suit an Animator with experience in rig creation and Maya tool development.
The Rebellion North Art team direct and deliver art direction for projects focusing on delivering high quality assets.
- Assist in planning out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standard in line with the style demanded by the project
- Clean up and use motion capture data
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with technical animators and senior artists and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the team in any ad hoc tasks and duties, including mentoring junior employees
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Advance knowledge of Motion Capture
- Advance knowledge of Max and Character Studio
- Advance knowledge of Motion builder
- Advance Knowledge of Maya
- Easily able to animate realistic human motion
- Advance knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Able to produce high quality animation in our game engine
- Advance knowledge of the video game development process
- Advance knowledge of production pipelines
- Able to focus individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance
- Able to apply an understanding of the games industry to improve effectiveness of teams and projects
- Able to focus on own professional development and able to mentor individuals to develop skills and knowledge
- Able to develop resolutions to unusually challenging problems with highly creative solutions
- Able to evaluate or judge the best course of action
- Able to analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas through original thought
- Able to complete work independently with little direction
- Able to respond and adapt to changing circumstances and to solve problems in a climate of ambiguity
- Able to plan and prioritise work. Balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives
- Unreal experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
28+ years of independent games, books, films & comics! Known for Sniper Elite, Zombie Army, Evil Genius, 2000AD & more!