This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a passionate hands-on animator who loves to make memorable moments and combat encounters within game animation? Do you love to bring characters, creatures, and all kinds of critters to life whilst pushing the animation style and quality to the highest level? Do you like to inspire your colleagues by being a mentor and helping the team grow their skills with your input?
Then you are the perfect fit for our ambitious and driven team. We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Animator who can bring our games to the next level and push our teams’ animations to the highest quality.
In this role, you will be working in teams of interdisciplinary talent to deliver the most heart-pounding moments for players and bringing our game worlds to life.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Create engaging and believable in-game animations, whilst achieving the quality bar set by the lead animator and following the artistic vision set out by the Art and Creative Directors on the project.
- Own and take responsibility for the product’s final animation quality. Follow up on the engine implementation of animations to ensure they adhere to the requirements set by art and gameplay. (fluidity, timing, weight perception, performance, etc.).
- Supportive attitude and able to work around creative challenges other departments may ask of you whilst still ensuring the best quality level in the animations.
- Play an important role in review cycles, both in providing feedback on animations and self-improvement based on feedback from your team.
- Seek to stay at the cutting edge of tech by suggesting improvements to the animation department for our software (Maya, Unreal, etc.), tools (Animbot, Control rig, etc.), and processes to make our games great.
- Be a gamer through an animator’s lens by joining playtests, playing the game, and bring valuable insights and improvements on how to make the game even better.
- Estimate high-level goals and provide solutions to high-level problems in planning.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues whilst promoting a culture of owning issues fully but reaching out for support and being good communicators for support needs where necessary.
- Motivate, mentor, and spread knowledge to other team members, the animation dept. in particular.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game production with shipped titles
- Proficient with industry-standard tools (e.g., Maya, Unreal 4)
- Excellent understanding of animation principles and key frame animation
- Strong knowledge of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to coach less experienced people.
- A game developer first mentality (passionate about video games and game animation)
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum development cycles.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to work closely with direction to achieve great results, and to work collaboratively.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Professional experience with 1st person, 3rd person, and creature animation.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Good knowledge of the Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular.
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general.
- Good knowledge of Motion Builder and mocap pipelines.
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge.
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
Your application has been successfully submitted.