This job is no longer accepting applications.
Black Shamrock is looking for a talented Animator to join the team in our studio in Dublin City. We are looking for someone who can engage with dynamic projects in our co-development with other studios as well as work on our own internal projects to design and rig from scratch.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create animations for in-game AI controlled characters but also for in-game scripted sequences.
- Create and maintain high-end key frame animations (body motions and facial expression).
- Motion-capture clean up and post animation to fit to the defined animation style.
- Integration & test of produced animations inside the game engine.
- Gain knowledge of the production pipeline process.
- Work with the production artists and developers and ensure that game assets are animation and game ready.
- Attend animation dailies.
What You Need to Succeed
- At least 2 years of experience in animation (ideally within the video games industry)
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
- Ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life - as well as clearly communicate simple ideas
- Experience and strong knowledge with a 3D graphic package such as Maya or 3Ds Max
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work quickly and collaboratively
- Ability to receive and apply critique on your work and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What You Should Have
- Experience with implementing animations in Unity or Unreal
- A portfolio and/or show real to include in your application
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivite
What Would Be an Advantage
- Experience with MoCap technology and process is a distinct advantage
- Prior Video Games Animation experience is a particular benefit
Please ensure all applications include examples of your work in a portfolio or website link.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Full Game Development & Co-Development Studio