This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hunted Cow Studios are looking for a skilled 3D Character Animator to join our growing team. You’ll be working with the creative leads and the rest of the art team to help create exciting new projects & provide animation when needed for our existing mobile & desktop game titles.
We’re looking for a candidate who is confident in animating 3D humanoids and creatures across a variety of styles and themes, creating excellent animations which read well and convey character.
This is a flexible role in a small team, so being familiar with other elements of the 3D pipeline is advantageous. In particular being able to implement your animations efficiently in a game engine such as Unity or Unreal is ideal.
Studio experience isn’t required as long as you have an excellent portfolio showcasing your animation ability, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
We are open to candidates interested in relocating to Elgin to work in house as permanent employees, or to remote contractors interested in a fixed term position (6 months recurring). The position would be full time (39 hours per week, Monday-Friday). Remote candidates must be available during standard UK working hours. If applying to work in house, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Work with the art team, lead artists and the art director to create character animation sets to specification for concepted & built 3D characters.
- Implement, test & optimize animations in Unity 3D.
- Work with the development team to meet technical & gameplay constraints & co-operate to improve pipelines.
- Assist in creating marketing assets from game art as requested.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating your experience creating a range of 3D character animations for games.
- Experience with modern 3D animation pipelines.
- Proficiency in 3Ds Max, Maya, or another industry standard 3D animation package.
- Solid understanding of the principles of animations such as weight, timing & exaggeration.
- Experience in organising & optimising your work for performance & memory.
- Aptitude for working within established styles, following written and verbal direction, as well as the ability to adapt to different animation styles and genres.
- Work well within a small team environment and be confident in communicating ideas as well as taking feedback.
- Be a self motivated individual with a strong work ethic and good time management skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- Professional experience within a games studio is desirable, although less experienced candidates with an excellent portfolio will be considered.
- Experience working on team projects and contributing ideas to all aspects of game design.
- Understanding of/experience with free-to-play mobile games and the SLG genre.
- Experience with 3D modelling, texturing and character rigging.
- Strong 2D skills, experience with tech art or programming - or any other aspect of game development - would be a plus but not critical to the role.
We will not consider applications without a portfolio or relevant work samples.
Working at Hunted Cow Studios
You’ll be working in a relaxed, collaborative studio environment where everyone gets to contribute and learn from each other. Individuals are encouraged to learn new skills and get involved with all aspects of game development and community building.
The studio has two large kitchens, American pool table and a private gym, and we’re situated right in the city centre with access to numerous shops, supermarkets, and pubs. Elgin is a small but lively city just a few miles from the beach and beautiful countryside walks (or climbs, for the adventurous) and has great public transport links to the bigger cities of Aberdeen and Inverness.
Employees receive generous holidays, flexible overtime pay, and enrolment in our company perk scheme which offers discounts on cinema, shopping, technology and more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our vision is to create fun and accessible strategy and roleplaying games with a layer of deeper and engaging gameplay.