Environment Artist / 3D Generalist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a member of the Visualization Team, you will be responsible for the design and creation of digital assets and environments, as well as real-time and pre-rendered photorealistic automotive and product visualizations. Your work has the potential to be seen on a global scale, helping influence people and communities to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Creation of realistic and fictitious virtual environments and assets.
- Scanning (photogrammetry) of real-world, organic environments and assets.
- Optimization of assets and scenes for use in both real-time and pre-rendered (ray traced/path traced).
- Material generation and virtual material prototyping (PBR pipeline).
- Environmental atmospheric and lighting setups.
- Creation of blueprints.
- UV and Texturing.
- Rendering high-quality, photorealistic content.
- Collaborating with leadership and design teams to create visually stunning imagery.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong portfolio displaying your amazing skills as an Environmental Artist.
- Solid artistic and technical knowledge (preferably Unreal Engine).
- Experience with photogrammetry and knowledge of processing software (e.g. Reality Capture).
- Knowledge of PBR based workflows and software (e.g. Substance Designer / Painter / Alchemist).
- Ability to understand color, visual compositions and lighting.
- Knowledge of traditional DCC tools (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Zbrush, Photoshop).
- Accustomed to going above and beyond whilst working within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful and organized.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- A passion for learning new tools/techniques and open to exchanging knowledge.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of drone operation and experience in drone-based photogrammetry capturing and processing.
- Understanding of post-production, compositing and Photoshop workflows
- Experience design and modeling architectural based environments
- Perforce or related version management systems
- Automotive experience and a knowledge of vehicles
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.