This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a QA Tester to serve in our Manchester, UK studio. The QA Tester will work closely with the Senior QA team to find bugs, execute test plans, write up reports, and provide support for the Dev team.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Complete tasks set by Senior QA staff.
- Work directly with QA staff at all CIG studios to coordinate testing efforts on all modules of the game.
- Ensure that the game meets the highest possible quality standards by putting processes in place to thoroughly test all aspects of the game.
- Highlight issues to Senior QA members, and push back when quality standards are in question.
- Actively work to form plans and tools for finding exploits.
- Ensure that QA provides work-in-progress development testing.
- Maintain an organized bug database, with clear written comprehension in bug reports and excellent communication.
- Complete test plans and regress resolved issues.
- Help develop and evolve new and existing Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Experience working on MMOs and large-scale multiplayer games.
- Familiarity with the CryEngine.
- Experience working with multiple studios in a distributed environment.
- Skilled at working with developers in multiple regions around the world.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Jira.
- Love of science fiction and space combat simulations.
- Experience in a QA role.
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, test plan organization, and technical requirements.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and be flexible to changing requests.
- Proficiency in MS Office and the use of defect tracking tools, e.g. Hansoft, Jira, DevTrack.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Open-minded personality and a team-player.
- A thorough knowledge of videogames across multiple platforms.
- A good eye for detail.
- Natural curiosity and an enthusiasm for finding bugs.
- Be happy working individually or as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proficient writing skills.
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK, we are not able to offer sponsorship for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are developing Star Citizen and Squadron 42 across 5 studios in Los Angeles, Austin, Wilmslow, Derby, and Frankfurt.